8.02.2009

Fair time comes to an end...

Wow, did July ever fly by?!!?!? It seems just like yesterday I was enjoying our wonderful spring weather. Not anymore. It's one hot cookie here. I am not much of a hot weather person. I think that is why I prefer the spring and the fall. They are medium temperatures for my area and I get to enjoy all the colors that go with both.

Yesterday August appeared and it was also the last day for the Union County Fair. Today I went and picked up all of my entries and collected my fair premium. I just love entering stuff. It brings me great joy. This year I entered a scrapbook page (the one I showed earlier title "my brother"), three photographs (one from my trip to the coast and two of the Burgess girls), and two different kinds of cookies.

This year Mom entered lots of different vegetables from the garden (pea pods, green beans, rhubarb, crookneck squash, cherry tomatoes and chives) as well as a wonderful mixed flower bouquet. I couldn't part with an ear of corn nor a pumpkin from my garden so we called it good and just entered her garden goodies.

All the yard work is done for the weekend so hopefully now I can do a little more creating. I have some fun goodies coming in the mail and I want plenty of time to play with them. : )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin